[ExI] More thoughts on sentient computers

William Flynn Wallace foozler83 at gmail.com
Sat Feb 25 14:40:21 UTC 2023

Big art prize in Britain went to a person who turned the lights off and
then back on in a museum.  This is art?  ;You can do anything to a canvas
or wood or stone and someone will find value in it and some will call it
art.

I think we cannot conclude anything from that except that calling something
art could include the whole universe with God the Creator.

So as a matter of calling something creative I think we have to have some
standards.  Really, really bad art is still art but the level of creativity
is in question.  An AI winning an art contest is in the same category as
those prizes won by chimps and elephants.  Let's define creativity a bit
more strictly, shall we?   bill w

On Fri, Feb 24, 2023 at 3:08 PM Jason Resch via extropy-chat <