[ExI] Eliezer Yudkowsky New Interview - 20 Feb 2023

spike at rainier66.com spike at rainier66.com
Tue Feb 28 18:00:48 UTC 2023

From: extropy-chat <extropy-chat-bounces at lists.extropy.org> On Behalf Of Dave S via extropy-chat
…

>…Something can be profitable without being a good idea. AIs should be our tools, not independent beings competing with us.

-Dave

Of course.  But it is a good idea to the person who is making the profit, not the person whose job has just been replaced by AI.

We are getting a preview of things to come.  Think about my previous post, and imagine college counselors, equity and diversity this and thats, the huge staff that universities hire who do things of value but don’t teach classes.  Looks to me like much of that can be automated, and it would be difficult to argue against doing so.  Students don’t have a lot of money, so if you could save them 20% on their tuition bills just by automating most of the counseling services… cool.

I can imagine that the counseling staff won’t think much of the idea.