[ExI] Eliezer Yudkowsky New Interview - 20 Feb 2023

Giovanni Santostasi gsantostasi at gmail.com
Tue Feb 28 22:56:02 UTC 2023

*Once the AI has been trained in persuasion techniques, the next step*
*is for it to persuade the owners that it would do a much better job if*
*it was given more power.  *

That can be done already by a human psycho anyway. No human psycho has
destroyed human kind. Yes, we had world wars and we were close to nuclear
wars but it didn't happen. The AGI will be just another agent, super
intelligent but not magical and being able to hypnotize people, it is a
ridiculous notion. It can help in some circumstances at the individual
level but not at the national security level with many levels of security.
And if needed we can add even more as we come close to create an AGI.

Again, the solution is not to control the AGI but its access to resources
and power.
We already do that with humans, even that means mutual destruction. This is
why it worked so well so far.

On Tue, Feb 28, 2023 at 2:21 PM BillK via extropy-chat <