[ExI] vaccines again

spike at rainier66.com spike at rainier66.com
Tue Jan 3 23:01:16 UTC 2023

…> On Behalf Of Will Steinberg via extropy-chat
Subject: Re: [ExI] vaccines again

>…First off, being against high-speed rail is painfully retarded.  The amount of good it does for commerce, culture, economy is massive.  Not to mention ou country looks like shit when everyone else does it better.  Rail is economically efficient…

High speed rail: Investors won’t come.  Evidence: they didn’t.  Result: governments must pay for it.  Result: governments compete against free enterprise and fail.  Evidence: the California high speed rail is waaaay over budget and years behind schedule.

https://www.constructiondive.com/news/california-high-speed-rail-costs-rise-to-105-billion/618877/

I don’t see why we need high speed rail when planes leave the major airports regularly.  That is why the investors didn’t come.  It will never pay off.