[ExI] text singularity

BillK pharos at gmail.com
Thu Jan 12 00:13:05 UTC 2023

On Wed, 11 Jan 2023 at 23:49, spike jones via extropy-chat

> Reason has an interesting take on Vinge’s singularity, by focusing on a particular aspect.  We think of a general AI singularity, but this writer Michael Munger looks at only how ChatGPT and its cousins will impact writing.  He makes some really good points here:
> The Future of GPT4 Chatbot Text Production (reason.com)
>
> I am tempted to steal some of them.
>
> spike

Hmmm.  If GPT4 is going to write the best texts ever, who is going to
agree that it is the best text ever?
In theory, post-singularity porn stories and porn videos might also be
the best ever, but what you think is the best ever might be VERY
different from what I think is the best ever.
As one commenter pointed out, GPT4 can't just produce every possible
arrangement of words, as that would require more atoms than are in the
universe.

BillK