[ExI] text singularity

spike at rainier66.com spike at rainier66.com
Fri Jan 13 00:12:57 UTC 2023

…> On Behalf Of Gadersd via extropy-chat
Subject: Re: [ExI] text singularity

>…Answers don’t matter unless there is someone to care about the answers. Maybe the machines will just do the job but not really care about what is accomplished. If the machines could be proven to care on an emotional level then that would be a different story… Gadersd

Ja.  There might still be people, even if they have nothing to do.

One might suppose answers don’t need to matter.  We need not suppose that there would be no one to care.  We can suppose that in the future, we need not do anything about anything, because we cannot.

When you think about it, for most of human history, people cared about stuff but couldn’t do anything about it.  We could go back into that mode, where we care, but cannot do.

We can still have existential crises, however.  Let’s see software do THAT.  Heh.  We can ponder the meaning of life WAY better than some software which doesn’t even have life.