[ExI] scioly trained by chat

Gadersd gadersd at gmail.com
Thu Jan 19 19:03:06 UTC 2023

Some of my teachers were truly terrible. One history teacher in high school had the students just fill out a worksheet during the classes. That worksheet was identical to the test. He gave us all the answers eventually and all we had to do was memorize them for the test or cheat which he made very easy to do. An English teacher had the students do generic worksheets all day with minimal to no lecture. In many cases there was little to no teaching involved, mostly just generic worksheets from the internet. ChatGPT can do this just as well, probably better.

I had one exceptional professor in university who taught with a passion. Most of the others either regurgitated the textbooks with little to no additional insight or didn’t bother even trying. ChatGPT at least has the appearance of passion and its explanations are almost invariably better than what I saw from most of my professors.

Essentially, what I am saying is that ChatGPT is not as good as the best human teachers, but it is at least fairly consistently good and is better than many human teachers. At least in my case ChatGPT even exceeds the average.