[ExI] summerhill school again

William Flynn Wallace foozler83 at gmail.com
Sat Jan 21 15:48:10 UTC 2023

Neill was trained in the early 20th century in psychoanalysis.  He was
apparently very aware of the Big Three - Freud Adler Jung.

In the book he relates his experiences at the school and his ways of
handling students etc. with what he was trained to think.  He often
deviated from his training.  His ways were often what some would call
reverse psychology, such as giving money to a student who admitted breaking
windows (he eventually broke 17 and then asked for work so he could pay his
debt).  Virtually none of what he did was anything like what I would have
done, so each page has some surprise for me.  Sure glad of this book
recommendation.  bill w