[ExI] Occam's razor

Brent Allsop brent.allsop at gmail.com
Sat Jan 21 21:04:31 UTC 2023

Occam's razor is also good for efficient systems design.  If you are just a
farming system, all you need to know is that the sun comes up over your
head (as if you are in the center of the universe) each morning, and goes
down in the evening.  And you can assume that your knowledge of the sun is
the real sun.  Those far simpler models are all you need to do farming in
the most efficient way.

But, if you want to dance in the heavens or engineer consciousness, you
need more capable models.

On Sat, Jan 21, 2023 at 11:29 AM William Flynn Wallace via extropy-chat <