[ExI] ChatGPT 'Not Interesting' for creative works

Gadersd gadersd at gmail.com
Mon Mar 6 03:00:23 UTC 2023

Computing technology is not advanced enough for consumer computers to run the powerful models. Consumer computers do not have the bandwidth and GPU FLOPS to run the good models. It isn’t a matter of speed, consumer computers just cannot run the big models. The best you could do is run a toy model with maybe a billion parameters. Such toy models are completely dumb compared to ChatGPT and can barely string coherent sentences together.