[ExI] ChatGPT 'Not Interesting' for creative works

spike at rainier66.com spike at rainier66.com
Tue Mar 7 05:29:49 UTC 2023

…> On Behalf Of Gadersd via extropy-chat
Subject: Re: [ExI] ChatGPT 'Not Interesting' for creative works

>…How did you get GPT-JT to output x=-2? I reran it over ten times and it never once got the right answer.

Hi Gadersd, I worded it slightly differently:

Me:  let 2x + 3 = -1. What is x?

GPT:

To solve for x, we need to isolate x on one side of the equation.

Starting with 2x + 3 = -1:

Subtracting 3 from both sides:

2x = -4

Dividing both sides by 2:

x = -2

Therefore, x is equal to -2.

>…No, the small models generate output faster than the big models. The small models are not slower version of the big models, they have completely different capabilities. You will never be able to get ChatGPT level output out of a much smaller model. It would be like trying to run modern engineering software on an Atari console: it wouldn’t be slower it just wouldn’t run at all…

OK well can we get a personalized parameter sets that GPT derives for us by interacting with us?  Seems like it should be creating a matrix of some kind as it learns about me and how I think the world operates.  Then we log on, it loads our personal profile matrix or something.  Somehow this thing just hasta learn about us to be a useful companion bot.