[ExI] ChatGPT 'Not Interesting' for creative works

spike at rainier66.com spike at rainier66.com
Tue Mar 7 15:24:39 UTC 2023

… On Behalf Of Gadersd via extropy-chat
Subject: Re: [ExI] ChatGPT 'Not Interesting' for creative works

>…I tried it the way you did and GPT-JT is still not able to generate the answer. Are you using GPT-JT or ChatGPT?...

Hi Gadersd, I mighta misunderstood the test.  I used GPT, didn’t know there was any option to use -JT.  What is it and how do I get to it please?

>>…OK well can we get a personalized parameter sets that GPT derives for us by interacting with us?  …

>…The transformer architecture that these models use does not support persistent memory through normal operation…

Ja, OK I am calibrated now.  My contention is that if they can get this into a form which can be personalized, then we can pool our computing resources, which are mostly idle most of the time.  Prime95 showed nearly 3 decades ago that unused background computing resources can be put to work calculating something.

Unused bandwidth can be put to work.  Currently I doubt we use 1% of our computing capacity.  Bandwidth is the currency of the future.  Now it is computing cycles, as BitCoin farmers harness it to mint money, but it is easy enough to see the valuable resource of the future will be bandwidth.