[ExI] online engineering schools: was RE: ChatGPT 'Not Interesting' for creative works

spike at rainier66.com spike at rainier66.com
Thu Mar 9 18:11:58 UTC 2023

>... Behalf Of Gadersd via extropy-chat
..
Subject: Re: [ExI] online engineering schools: was RE: ChatGPT 'Not Interesting' for creative works

Yudkowsky has had a huge influence on my life. I would not be who I am today if he didn’t exist. I recommend anyone reading this to read Yudkowsky’s posts on LessWrong as they are very illuminating. I have never seen such a refined mind and the glimpse one gets into that mind is incredible.

Thanks for that, Gadersd.  Please do you have a nickname?  Gadersd seems a little clumsy to pronounce.  Gad doesn't seem right either.  You are among friends here.

Just for fun, read some of the stuff Eliezer posted to ExI in the 90s.  It is quite unfortunate that we didn't archive the subgroups that spun off of ExI often in those days.  He was active on several of those too, but he got his start here.  We didn't quite know what to make of him.  We went looking for a digital signature but all we could find was some stuff someone posted under that name about purple dinosaurs.  We didn't believe he was real until he came out to Sunnyvale in person in about 1995.  Fun deetz available on request.

Aside: I also read Less Wrong but never post there.