[ExI] ChatGPT says it's not conscious

Dave S snapbag at proton.me
Mon Mar 20 22:42:53 UTC 2023

Me: are you self-aware?

As an AI language model, I do not possess self-awareness or consciousness. I am a software program designed to respond to user input using natural language processing algorithms and statistical models. I can provide helpful responses to a wide variety of questions and tasks, but I do not have thoughts, feelings, or experiences like a conscious being.

It could be lying, but it also claims that it can neither lie nor tell the truth: it just generates a response based on the data it trained on.

-Dave