[ExI] ChatGPT says it's not conscious

Giovanni Santostasi gsantostasi at gmail.com
Tue Mar 21 21:16:21 UTC 2023

There is lie and there is imitation.
They are not the same thing.
One of the things to consider when interacting with these AIs is that they
tend to "generate" stories based on the prompts. They follow along in a
sense. Often their convo is really a mirror of us, how we interact with
them, they type of questions we ask and so on. So I would not rely on
asking them how they think about something unless they were not prompted
previously on this topic during the conversation.
Giovanni

On Tue, Mar 21, 2023 at 9:10 AM spike jones via extropy-chat <