[ExI] GPT-4 on the Incommunicability of Qulia

spike at rainier66.com spike at rainier66.com
Wed Mar 22 22:35:23 UTC 2023

…> On Behalf Of Adrian Tymes via extropy-chat
Subject: Re: [ExI] GPT-4 on the Incommunicability of Qulia

On Wed, Mar 22, 2023 at 3:16 PM spike jones via extropy-chat <extropy-chat at lists.extropy.org <mailto:extropy-chat at lists.extropy.org> > wrote:

…> On Behalf Of Adrian Tymes via extropy-chat

>…I can confirm it knows of the Extropians.

Sure but does it know which is which and why?

>…I'm about out of free chats.  (Maybe for the day?  I know I chatted with it some days ago, then I was back up to 10 just now.)  You ask it.  ;)

Let me see if I can come up with a reasonable line of questioning.

In GPT’s training, it would be expected to weigh the value of sources.  But it might treat ExI as one source rather than hundreds which all need to be weighted differently.  That would equate me with Anders Sandberg.  I have a big problem with that: I suck, but he doesn’t.