[ExI] Bender's Octopus (re: LLMs like ChatGPT)

Giovanni Santostasi gsantostasi at gmail.com
Fri Mar 24 07:21:31 UTC 2023

Everything is simulated. Our entire mental life is simulated. The brain is
making up the world from limited information and create models all the
time. We would not be able not just understand but even see or experience
anything if we didn't SIMULATE the world around us. We do it all the time.
We confabulate all the time, like NLMs exactly do.
They work because they do EXACTLY what we do.