[ExI] GPT-4 on the Incommunicability of Qulia

Rafal Smigrodzki rafal.smigrodzki at gmail.com
Sat Mar 25 02:39:19 UTC 2023

On Wed, Mar 22, 2023 at 5:25 PM spike jones via extropy-chat <

> Hold on a minute Jason.  I know of very little discussion of qualia
> outside the ExI list.  If it is true that the topic is seldom discussed
> outside this forum, then for GPT-4 to come up with that insightful answer
> suggests that… that GPT-4 used the ExI archives as part of its training
> material.

### I asked GPT4: Was Rafal Smigrodzki ever active on the Extropians list?

It answered:

I'm sorry, but as an AI language model, I don't have access to the personal
communications or online activities of individuals, including Rafal
Smigrodzki. The Extropians list was an online mailing list that discussed
topics related to transhumanism, futurism, and other emerging technologies
in the late 1990s and early 2000s, but it was shut down in 2006. It's
possible that Rafal Smigrodzki may have been a member or contributor to the
list at some point, but without further information or confirmation, I
cannot say for certain.

Well, interesting. GPT4 also has heard about my daughter Aurea but it was
hopelessly confused about my publication record. Looks like its training
corpus did not include PubMed.

Rafal