[ExI] What is Consciousness?

Giovanni Santostasi gsantostasi at gmail.com
Sat Mar 25 20:27:19 UTC 2023

*You don't 'perceive' redness, you directly apprehend it as a quality of
your computationally bound conscious  knowledge.*

That is not true at all. There is nothing direct about "apprehending"
redness. The perception of red by the brain is a translation of an
electromagnetic wave properties (its wavelength and intensity in a given
region of the light spectrum) into the language of the brain that is
physical sensations.
There is no difference from what happens in the computer.