[ExI] Emily M. Bender — Language Models and Linguistics (video interview)

Giovanni Santostasi gsantostasi at gmail.com
Sat Mar 25 23:39:17 UTC 2023

How a linguist doesn't know about the decoding of Linear B?
Point 8 from Jason list is exactly what happened with Linear B. LLMs have
actually a much easier task given they are pre-trained with supervised data
instead of completely unsupervised approach that is what it was done when
people tried to decipher linear B.

Giovanni

On Sat, Mar 25, 2023 at 3:49 PM Jason Resch via extropy-chat <