[ExI] Enjoyable rant against smartphones

BillK pharos at gmail.com
Wed Mar 29 10:13:21 UTC 2023

Since they were first introduced into our lives in 2008, smartphones
have become our outsourced memory and brain, replacing both with the
convenience of not having to remember anything or think for ourselves.

<https://off-guardian.org/2023/03/29/why-you-should-destroy-your-smart-phone-now/>

Quotes:
The truth is, we don’t programme smartphones and we don’t use them.
They programme us, they change how we use them. They use us.
Queue outside the Apple or Google shops for hours. Wrap your chains in
a nice leather wallet. Download the newest app of your enslavement.
Show it off to your friends and boast about its new and improved
speeds. Never, ever, let it leave your side. Place it under your
pillow before you go to sleep, so it can tell you how well you slept.
Look into its screen the moment you wake up. For it is your best
friend, your big brother, the lover who will never betray you and who
you always wished you had. It is your single source of truth — just as
Jacinda Ardern told us. Trust no other!
---------
‘When you get an alert’, the Government has instructed us in no
uncertain terms, ‘stop what you’re doing and follow the instructions.’
But that’s just a gesture to the illusion that we are still free to
choose. Once your smartphone is uploaded with the Government’s
Digital Verification app and linked to the system of digital
surveillance and control being imposed in the UK in the guise of
‘15-minute cities’, these instructions will be enforced without the
need for our willing compliance. Your electric car will be turned off;
your allocation of petrol or food or energy will be frozen; your
Digital Pound wallet will be locked shut.
-------
In the same way, using a smartphone is not an individual choice —
whether chosen freely or out of habit or addiction; it is a collective
act of compliance that is creating the digital camp in which all of us
will one day be imprisoned.

Lovely! :)  You don't have to agree with every word to see the point
he's making.
Smartphones will be (have already been) used by governments for
population control and spreading propaganda.

BillK