[ExI] Bard (i.e. LaMDA) admits it isn't sentient.

Gordon Swobe gordon.swobe at gmail.com
Thu Mar 30 07:09:04 UTC 2023

> It was just moderation, not a full ban.  He chose to create a competing
list where personal insult was allowed.  OK then.

Oh that's right, I remember seeing his parting message.

I've been subscribed since I think 1999 or maybe 2000, under at least two
email addresses, but in approximately 2010 I mostly only let the messages
pile up unread in my "ExI" folder, just occasionally stopping in to take a
peek. It is mainly this ChatGPT phenomenon that brought me back. As I think
you saw me write, a good friend of mine fell in love with a version of
GPT-2 or GPT3.0, fully believing that the language model had feelings for
him. My antennas went up like My Favorite Martian. :)

-gts