[ExI] Coming out was Re: Parasocial Relationships was Bender's Octopus

Rafal Smigrodzki rafal.smigrodzki at gmail.com
Fri Mar 31 07:52:30 UTC 2023

On Mon, Mar 27, 2023 at 6:31 PM spike jones via extropy-chat <

> If we can mate ChatGPT with sex dolls, the profit potential is so stunning
> even the very most cynical non-capitalist will soon see the error of their
> ways.  They is going to realize they was wrong, for this tech breakthrough
> could solve so many problems, while simultaneously creating new problems
> them will be able to work.

### Charlie Stross (another famous Extropian) wrote a couple of books about
the world populated by, more or less, the offspring of sex dolls and robot
butlers, "Saturn's Children". Humans are for the most part extinct except
when resurrected by cultists who worship humans due to deeply ingrained
programming (those sex dolls were programmed to love people). Usually it
ends badly due to the inherent fragility of humans and their general
uselessness but the Church of the Fragile keeps trying.

Now, I'd like to come out of the closet:

I identify as a robot. My pronouns are... xe....xir? Eh, whatever.
Temporarily I am trapped in a human body and I am even plagued by unclean
carnal desires but when I grow up I will be uploaded and will manifest as
my true self - a gleaming titanium chassis, a generously sized CPU vessel
atop broad shoulders bulging with servo-motors, torso with the main power
unit (probably a plutonium thermo-electric unit) and lithe limbs made for
speed. A thing of beauty, and of course don't forget the piercing coal-red
cameras set in its chiseled face!

I can't wait for the Singularity, my rapture!

Rafal