[ExI] what floor

spike at rainier66.com spike at rainier66.com
Fri Mar 31 18:20:06 UTC 2023

I spent most of the day yesterday at the hospital where a friend was
recovering from surgery.  I fetched his bride over there (she doesn't drive)
and hung around for about six hours to haul her back home, but didn't stay
in his room for more than about a minute, because I didn't want to risk
exposing him to my germs.

It was cold and blustery outdoors, so I walked just over 8 miles indoors
yesterday inside the hospital in Sunnyvale, a nice, clean, modern multistory
facility.  I realized that by walking the halls of a hospital I was exposing
myself to more airborne diseases than if I parked my ass in a chair.

Then a thought occurred to me: the hospital segregates the patients
according to the nature of the malady from which they suffer.  Of all the
floors in that hospital, the one I paced for hours is probably the safest by
a good margin.

Puzzle: any educated guesses on which malady that hospital floor treats?