[ExI] Observation

spike at rainier66.com spike at rainier66.com
Wed May 3 04:30:17 UTC 2023

-----Original Message-----
From: spike at rainier66.com <spike at rainier66.com>

>...  So... we scurry to the internet to find something to blame, when really it is that we are living in a toxic food environment: it is just too good and too plentiful, never mind all the unknown stuff that is added for flavor, color and shelf life...spike

Think about how weird has been the past century in the big picture.  We very suddenly have the option of getting in a self-propelled conveyance, expend almost no calories and doing nearly zero exercise, motoring to the local purveyor of toxic nutrition, tank up on as much high sugar, high fat, high unknown additive, low fiber, low vitamin content, low actual nutrition calories imaginable.  From the historical evolutionary point of view, his all just suddenly happened, and look at all the oddball new maladies that suddenly appear in the past century.  I didn't even get to all the psychoactive drugs that appeared recently in history.

All that together didn't make us go collectively extinct.  Ours is a robust, resilient species on top of all the other cool stuff, such as competing in the same class as mosquitoes and rats.