[ExI] puzzle

Gadersd gadersd at gmail.com
Fri May 5 00:31:57 UTC 2023

> (re an AI trying to pass the Turing test):  'It is easy to fool them, not only because they don't have the kind of detailed contextual knowledge of the outside world that any normal person would have, but because they don't have memories even of the conversation they have been  having, much less ways to integrate such memories into the rest of the discussion.'
> No memory?    bill w

I think Carroll is referring to traditional chat bots that were unable to effectively utilize information scattered all throughout the conversation in formulating responses. Simple bots, Markov chain bots for example, only base the next word generated on the past few words. Utilizing all available information in formulating a response requires a much more sophisticated model such as the much hyped transformer based large language models.