[ExI] de Santos

BillK pharos at gmail.com
Thu May 11 13:37:36 UTC 2023

On Thu, 11 May 2023 at 14:14, William Flynn Wallace via extropy-chat
> I wrote this morning about de Santos.  If you had searched for him and his misdeeds on the web, what would have given you the best results, Google or a chatbot?   Or maybe the chatbot uses Google??bill w

Google has just improved its own chatbot called Bard.
Here it what Bard reported -
----------------------
George Santos, a Republican Congressman from New York, was charged
with 13 federal crimes on May 9, 2023. The charges include wire fraud,
money laundering, theft of public funds, and making false statements
to the House of Representatives.

According to the indictment, Santos defrauded prospective political
supporters by laundering funds to pay for his personal expenses. He
also illegally received unemployment benefits while he was employed.
Additionally, Santos is accused of making false statements to the
House about his assets, income, and liabilities.

Santos has pleaded not guilty to all charges. He is scheduled to
appear in court on May 10, 2023.

The charges against Santos are serious and could result in significant
jail time. If convicted, he could face up to 20 years in prison on
each count of wire fraud and money laundering. He could also face up
to 10 years in prison on each count of theft of public funds and
making false statements to the House.

The charges against Santos are a reminder that even those in positions
of power are not above the law. If you have any information about
possible criminal activity, please contact your local law enforcement
agency.