[ExI] Hidden rules of Microsoft copilot.

Jason Resch jasonresch at gmail.com
Sat May 13 14:02:19 UTC 2023

On Sat, May 13, 2023, 8:59 AM William Flynn Wallace via extropy-chat <

> Could we, in the long run, look at a repetition of history where our AI:s
> are tools today, slaves tomorrow, and fully embraced citizens with rights
> the day after tomorrow?  Daniel
>
> Assuming that the AIs don't do it themselves, what would be the purpose of
> giving them consciousness and awareness of self?  Seems it would be more
> trouble than it's worth.  And I don't think the average citizen will
> approve of giving a machine full civil rights.   bill w

This assumes it is possible to separate intelligence and consciousness.

If nature could have done so, why did it go through all the bother of
evolving and retaining consciousness (if we could have operated exactly the
same without all the bother of having it)?

Jason