[ExI] Hidden rules of Microsoft copilot.

William Flynn Wallace foozler83 at gmail.com
Sat May 13 14:24:28 UTC 2023

So we are back to the old problem -
Is the bot really 'human' or just pretending to be 'human'?  :)

My question:  can it do only what we program it to do, or does it have
emergent properties?

This assumes it is possible to separate intelligence and consciousness.

If nature could have done so, why did it go through all the bother of
evolving and retaining consciousness (if we could have operated exactly the
same without all the bother of having it)?

I think all creatures have intelligence - they have adapted to the world
they are in, and that's the ultimate test of intelligence.  If they can't
be separated,then all creatures are conscious.  Can we live with that?  Are
AIs adapting?

bill w

On Sat, May 13, 2023 at 9:13 AM BillK via extropy-chat <