[ExI] Capitalistic Corruption

efc at swisscows.email efc at swisscows.email
Sun May 14 11:32:43 UTC 2023

On Sat, 13 May 2023, Gadersd via extropy-chat wrote:

> Maybe I’m not perceptive enough, but I can’t find any concrete problem to solve for people. It seems to me that most of the value
> that people seek these days is in the form of entertainment as many people have all their basic needs met. I’m sure many companies
> have internal problems, but I can’t solve problems that I am not aware of. My background is in physics, programming, and math but I
> do not see these skills as very valuable for an individual since most practical engineering problems have either been solved already
> or require massive investment. Hence, I feel directed towards providing some sort of entertainment that is possible for an individual

Oh, but with physics, programming and math, you're at the top of the
hill when it comes to solving problems! There are so many problems
around, and to find them I would go to meetups, ask friends and family,
go to industry events and more to find them.

Those would be "small" problems.

For the big ones, if you live in the US, it's way easier to find funding
than if you live in europe with its risk averse (to the extreme)
culture.

Just to give you a small very random list from my perspective of things
I'd love to have:

* A privacy respecting phone.
* An android to web gateway.
* An android to sms gateway.
* Help with automated grading and upload of grade to the government
   portal. (swedish problem)
* 3rd party battery to my laptop with some state of the art battery
   technology which would increase the battery capacity with 25 to 100%.
* Some kind of "plane sharing" based on the Flaris LAR01.
* Cheap hydrogen storage of energy (bigger idea I guess).

Well, I could continue for a long time. ;) Please feel free to point me
to any of these already existing, or realize them and then give me a
discount. ;)

If you would like to do a deep dive into my daily business activities
and the problems I would like to get solved, just send me an email. =)

Best regards,
Daniel