[ExI] Zombies are logically inconsistent: a proof

Adrian Tymes atymes at gmail.com
Tue May 16 16:54:50 UTC 2023

On Tue, May 16, 2023 at 9:33 AM Jason Resch via extropy-chat <

> *If we accept #2*, that zombies cannot think, believe, or know, then we
> end up with zombies that can solve complex problems without thinking, and
> zombies that can win at Jeopardy despite not knowing anything. This
> thinking without thinking, and knowing without knowing, appears to be an
> equally inconsistent notion.

And yet this is exactly what LLMs are allegedly doing, with their internal
models used as evidence for how they accomplish this.

You're going to need a lot more than "appears to be" for a proof, because
to those who believe #2, there is no appearance of inconsistency here.