[ExI] The Problem With Counterfeit People

BillK pharos at gmail.com
Wed May 17 00:22:40 UTC 2023

On Wed, 17 May 2023 at 00:46, Dylan Distasio via extropy-chat

> Based on that article, it sounds like Dennett has been hanging out with Eliezer Yudkowsky.   I'm quite disappointed with both of their recent hot takes.

I think disappointed is the wrong term to use.  :)
As the Singularity approaches and everything is changing faster and
faster, I get the feeling that humanity is playing for very high stakes.
It seems that either we are going to win everything or we are going to
lose everything.
The old format of gradually improving with each generation seems to be
approaching a climax.
It should certainly be a spectacular finale—For good or bad!

BillK