[ExI] Zombies are logically inconsistent: a proof

spike at rainier66.com spike at rainier66.com
Wed May 17 18:14:33 UTC 2023

…> On Behalf Of Ben Zaiboc via extropy-chat

>…I think that's the solution, then. We all accept that we're zombies, who just think that they're conscious…

Hey cool:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GNU6A2dU0Ws

I have a desperate crush on that phone girl.

We can go around dressed like these:

https://www.google.com/search?sxsrf=APwXEdeeEV7EB4hWGhVXAHwaM3nXQy511Q:1684345053295 <https://www.google.com/search?sxsrf=APwXEdeeEV7EB4hWGhVXAHwaM3nXQy511Q:1684345053295&q=zombie&tbm=isch&sa=X&ved=2ahUKEwi0stKk8vz-AhVyJ0QIHYqlBnYQ0pQJegQIEhAB&biw=1224&bih=1198&dpr=1> &q=zombie&tbm=isch&sa=X&ved=2ahUKEwi0stKk8vz-AhVyJ0QIHYqlBnYQ0pQJegQIEhAB&biw=1224&bih=1198&dpr=1

Think of the advantages: go to Halloween parties as we are.  No more food bills, just go find some really smart people, feast.  Anywhere you go, people would shriek and run away, no bothering with crowds, perfect for birth control, no need to worry about catching covid.  OK, I’m so in.

>…Then perhaps we can move on and talk about more useful things.

>…Zombie Ben

Zombie Ben, what the entire past coupla months’ dominant discussion here on ExI has taught me is that we can never really know for sure if artificial intelligence has arrived.  The notion of moving goalposts was mistaken, for there is no clearly definable goal post.  We haven’t moved any goal posts, just achieved one goal after another.  Some goals are behind us, some are ahead, goalposts disappearing over the horizon as far as the eye can see.  That’s part of why I dropped outta the discussion.

There are some individual goals that appear to be achieved however, such as my own personal AI goal: a companion bot for the elderly and lonely.  We can use that riiiight daaaaamn now, coulda used it 50 years ago.

That whole porn-bot thing sounds pretty cool too.  Coulda REALLY used THAT 50 years ago.

On the other hand… with a good porn bot, I would never have been forced to pretend to be human.  OK never mind, bad idea, but that companion bot for the elderly, I want us to run with that ball.  We could make our dying years a lot more fun, and of course the usual: make a buttload of money.

We will always be arguing over whether AI has become smarter than humans, whether it deserves human rights, whether it feels and understands, and all of those arguments will always depend on how you look at it.  There are no perfectly objective measures available to us, no AIQ.  This should really come as no surprise, for there is no legitimate universal BIQ either, no perfectly objective measures for the intelligence of humans.  We cannot define intelligence, but we know it when we see it.