[ExI] ai wants to do ya

spike at rainier66.com spike at rainier66.com
Wed May 17 23:53:24 UTC 2023

-----Original Message-----
From: extropy-chat <extropy-chat-bounces at lists.extropy.org> On Behalf Of BillK via extropy-chat

>>...A sexbot with interchangeable parts, replaceable everything, never ages, never gets sick, never cops an attitude, adjustable personality including accents or languages, that could be a most difficult rival against which to compete.   spike

>...You do realise that we are contemplating the end of the human species?

Oh, OK cool.  I thought it was something serious, like sex.

But BillK, on the contrary sir.  As Tara's insight suggests, some humans will flatly refuse any non-biological sexual gratification, regardless of how enticing.  Perhaps they will see it as a sin.  The human population may decline drastically, but eventually the planet would be repopulated with the descendants of those who refuse such pleasures.

I don't think humanity would go extinct for our inability to compete with machines in the sack.