[ExI] Food (was: Re: morality)

efc at swisscows.email efc at swisscows.email
Fri May 19 18:06:54 UTC 2023

On Fri, 19 May 2023, Gadersd via extropy-chat wrote:

> There is so much carb propaganda. Many people seem to think that food is automagically healthy if it is plant-based. I can hardly
> digest most plant foods at all unless they are fermented. I’ve never had any issues digesting meat. However, I certainly wouldn’t
> recommend consuming large amounts of processed meats since they often contain many potentially harmful additives and preservatives.

This is very interesting! I had no idea about this (but then I am
blessed with a generally strong constitution and health so I never had
to look into it) but a guy in my team at work went from being vegan for
many years to becoming a meat eater.

All of a sudden he said he has enormous amounts of energy and became
much more clear headed and high performing at work.

So I definitely do beleive that some people thrive on meat, and others
on vegetables.