[ExI] morality

efc at swisscows.email efc at swisscows.email
Fri May 19 18:38:38 UTC 2023

Hello Tara,

On Fri, 19 May 2023, Tara Maya via extropy-chat wrote:

> People don't learn the responsibility to make the right choices until they've had the freedom to make the wrong choices.

I'm afraid I do not agree with you. There are plenty of people in my
experience who are capable of learning from others experience, and
studying so they don't have to repeat mistakes but can go straight to
good solutions.

For some people, yes, sadly it seems like your quote applies, but given
the fact that our civilization has progressed, I think in general it
does not apply.

Best regards,
Daniel