[ExI] Food (was: Re: morality)

efc at swisscows.email efc at swisscows.email
Fri May 19 18:41:09 UTC 2023

On Fri, 19 May 2023, spike jones via extropy-chat wrote:

> To top it all off, we are told the US government is now only 12 days until it goes chapter 11.  If that happens, what becomes of all

But isn't it a US tradition by now, that after some sabre rattling, just
increasing the debt ceiling? ;)

On a more serious note, why is it so difficult in the US to actually pay
off the debt? Is it political climate? Culture? A built in error in the
system?

Many people say, you cannot apply personal finance intuitions to public
finance, but I do not agree with that, and I do think it is an excellent
public policy not to accumulate debt.

Best regards,
Daniel