[ExI] Personal AI assistants for everyone

Brent Allsop brent.allsop at gmail.com
Sat Nov 11 21:51:26 UTC 2023

I can't wait.

On Sat, Nov 11, 2023 at 6:41 AM BillK via extropy-chat <

> Bill Gates predicts everyone will have an AI-powered personal
> assistant within 5 years—whether they work in an office or not: ‘They
> will utterly change how we live’
> By Chloe Taylor  November 10, 2023
>
> <https://fortune.com/2023/11/10/bill-gates-ai-personal-assistant-5-years/>
> Quotes:
> “In the near future, anyone who’s online will be able to have a
> personal assistant powered by artificial intelligence that’s far
> beyond today’s technology,” he wrote. “Agents are smarter. They’re
> proactive—capable of making suggestions before you ask for them.”
>
> Ultimately, agents will be able to assist their users with “virtually
> any activity and any area of life,” Gates insisted.

I at least want something intelligent to read all the voluminous (can't
fully get through them all, even if I spent 100% of my time on them ;)
"terms and conditions" agreements before I sign them.

Hmmm. It almost sounds like in five years we can opt out of our life
> and just let our AI assistant carry on without us.

I hope so.  How do I set it up so it will continue on, after I die,
carrying out my will, and managing my assets, till I get thawed back to
life.