[ExI] Are transhumanists becoming the bad guys?

efc at swisscows.email efc at swisscows.email
Wed Nov 29 22:35:36 UTC 2023

Hello list,

The other day I was listening to a conspiracy pod and all of a sudden, I
heard a medium talk about how the transhumanists want to
eradicate all spiritual values and merge humanity with the machine.

In my own home cooked transhumanist version, transhumanists are
optimistic, life affirming people who are solving problems with
science and technology.

So when did transhumanists start to become the bad guys in conspiracy
circles? Did anyone of you encounter this in real life or in
virtual life?

Curious shift in narrative that completely passed me by and caught me by
surprise.

Best regards,
Daniel