[ExI] little puzzle

spike at rainier66.com spike at rainier66.com
Sun Oct 1 16:06:08 UTC 2023

From: extropy-chat <extropy-chat-bounces at lists.extropy.org> On Behalf Of William Flynn Wallace via extropy-chat
Subject: Re: [ExI] little puzzle

On Sat, Sep 30, 2023 at 10:10 PM Brent Allsop via extropy-chat <extropy-chat at lists.extropy.org <mailto:extropy-chat at lists.extropy.org> > wrote:

…

Traditional or older japanese won't use (オーケー), they are more likely to say

分りました

[わか分·り·ま·し·た]

pronounced Wakarimashia (formal)  wakata (less formal) Literal translation: "I understand"…

>…Very interesting - Japanese.  I don't know if I could have gone further in life without knowing these things.   billw

Billw, now see what ya started?

Cool, this is the reason I stayed around on this list for 30 years: I really dig the chaotic nature, the way threads meander into unpredictable directions.  That happens when you get a group of smart people together on a chat site.  We could make this into a fun exercise by asking ChatGPT for a single word in {fill in favorite language} which means “do you agree?” then see how often it comes back with OK.