[ExI] quote of the day

spike at rainier66.com spike at rainier66.com
Thu Oct 5 17:26:40 UTC 2023

-----Original Message-----
From: extropy-chat <extropy-chat-bounces at lists.extropy.org> On Behalf Of Gadersd via extropy-chat

>...I’ve never held much faith in democracy or majority consensus. The majority can be wrong and often is. I agree that ultimately the best way to ensure personal autonomy may be to simply move to a territory that better aligns with one’s interests. I hope the variability of laws and governments remains to permit this option. I dread a future in which centralization has the whole of humanity trapped within a singular regime. I am not sure how AI will change the competitive landscape. Some even trust that a centralized super intelligence will ensure humanity’s wellbeing. Heaven or hell, I don't think there is much potential for middle ground in the future...  Gadersd

Thanks for that Gadersd.  You think like the founding non-birthing parents of the USA.  That's what they had in mind when the created a republic consisting of mostly-autonomous democracies, under a framework of rights which apply to all USA citizens, united in a common cause with a common defense system.