[ExI] quote of the day

spike at rainier66.com spike at rainier66.com
Fri Oct 6 21:13:59 UTC 2023

…> On Behalf Of William Flynn Wallace via extropy-chat
Subject: Re: [ExI] quote of the day

>…Spike!  I am astonished.  This one was easy:  credit.  Using other people's money.   bill w

Billw, the whole notion of credit, of borrowing and lending, is soon to blow up in our faces I fear.  The US government has been spending way beyond its means for generations, to the point where it doesn’t even know how to live within its means.  The government is an insatiable borrower, offering ever greater returns, which are illusory.  Eventually the lenders stop lending, for the borrower becomes too risky.  Then what?

Ours is the generation left holding the bag.  Post modern monetary theory is coming, and with it, the brutal realization that debt matters, and size really does matter.