[ExI] [Extropolis] Fwd: Cheap fuel from coal and solar

Keith Henson hkeithhenson at gmail.com
Wed Oct 18 21:39:45 UTC 2023

"I don't believe we've been burning carbon in water since the dawn of
the industrial revolution."

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Coal_gas

You are not up on industrial history.

And yes, carbon monoxide is not good to breathe.   It is made and used
by millions of tons in industrial plants.

Finally, hydrogen made while the sun is up is too damned expensive.
It's not the energy cost as much as the cost of the platinum in the
electrolysis cells and the fact that they are only used part of the
time.

Keith