[ExI] stormy year

Kelly Anderson postmowoods at gmail.com
Mon Oct 23 07:08:51 UTC 2023

I've often thought that insurance should pay to replace your hurricane
destroyed house at a new safer location, paid for by the insurance
company, but if rebuilt at the same location, insurance would no
longer be offered beyond the single rebuild. Then donate the old
property to a land trust that won't build there again. This would
slowly move real estate out of the problem areas.

Is there a big downside to this plan? Other than the obvious that
people want to keep living in the same stupid places.

-Kelly

On Sun, Oct 22, 2023 at 8:34 PM spike jones via extropy-chat