[ExI] Post-AGI Economics

Kelly Anderson postmowoods at gmail.com
Thu Oct 26 20:26:44 UTC 2023

Your thought that humans would control the money and the AGIs would
just sit still for that is humorous to someone like me who has studied
the history of money. For example, siege money has evolved in the past
and has included such things as denominated playing cards. So if the
AGIs can't own dollars, they will simply create a crypto currency type
situation that doesn't violate the rules of ownership, and trade
amongst themselves. In a very small amount of time, dollars will be
less meaningful than their "money", whatever form that takes, and
humans will be out of the loop.

So... if you want humans to maintain ANY relevance, you'll have to let
AGIs own, spend and earn money. Otherwise, good money chases out bad
money, and dollars will be a memory, much like atlatls are now.

If you want to have a deeper understanding about the history and
possible futures of money, I'm definitely your guy. I am the guy who
wanted the equivalent of crypto currency for a company I was
developing in 1997... but didn't quite have the time to chase it to
ground. Another missed opportunity... you can't chase them all.

-Kelly

On Mon, Oct 23, 2023 at 7:17 AM Gadersd via extropy-chat