[ExI] Cheap fuel from coal and solar

spike at rainier66.com spike at rainier66.com
Thu Oct 26 21:47:23 UTC 2023

-----Original Message-----
From: extropy-chat <extropy-chat-bounces at lists.extropy.org> On Behalf Of Kelly Anderson via extropy-chat

>...And I thought, if you could convert the sunshine into some kind of liquid fuel, we have great pipeline capabilities, and it appeared to me that piping some kind of constructed hydrocarbon through a pipe is way more efficient than trying to push electricity through a wire.
Does that gut feeling match with reality?

-Kelly

Ja I think so Kelly but a pipeline to Europe may not be needed.  Coal needs to be hauled in from somewhere by ship (maybe rail in combination.)  I would think the much smaller volume liquid fuels could be hauled out by ship.  I haven't calculated hard numbers on that notion.