[ExI] monster under the bed

spike at rainier66.com spike at rainier66.com
Sun Sep 3 20:33:45 UTC 2023

Perhaps you have seen the dramatic videos of the burning Teslas after they
had been partially submerged in seawater.  The mechanism is well-known and
of course it is dangerous.

It occurred to me today that if A Telsaer even drives thru a deep puddle of
seawater, that car cannot be trusted.  The only way I can see to bring it
back to garage-worthiness is to submerge the damn thing completely in fresh
water, then immediately blow dry it with lots of fast-moving dry air, like a
car version of those annoying hand dryers in the public restrooms.

This of course means new upholstery everywhere and lots of really big bills.

Conclusion: the Tesla is not a practical car anywhere were storm surge is
even theoretically possible.

But what if. some Florida Teslaer had their ride partially submerged, enough
to wet some of the batteries, but the upholstery stayed dry?  Then they
arranges to ship it elsewhere, sell it in a place which never heard of storm
surge.

Then, some unsuspecting used car buyer has a ticking timebomb parked in the
garage underneath their bedroom.  Oy vey.