[ExI] pun of the day

spike at rainier66.com spike at rainier66.com
Fri Sep 15 20:16:26 UTC 2023

From: extropy-chat <extropy-chat-bounces at lists.extropy.org> On Behalf Of William Flynn Wallace via extropy-chat
Sent: Friday, 15 September, 2023 1:10 PM
To: ExI chat list <extropy-chat at lists.extropy.org>
Cc: William Flynn Wallace <foozler83 at gmail.com>
Subject: Re: [ExI] pun of the day

I once showed up at an AA meeting drunk (really).  I still had to do the therapy so I could complete the program the judge set for me.

So, still drunk, I wandered on home and stumbled in and my wife asked what was going on.  I said:

"I just got out of basket therapy and I am still weaving."    bill w

Bill don’t worry, you aren’t the first or only one who has done that.  I have a friend who goes to those AA meetings, in spite of his never having been a drinker or devourer of recreational pharmaceuticals (Mormon to the core.)  He wants to help those who are hoping to break out of the cycle.

He once commented that he would estimate about a quarter to perhaps a third of attendees showed up drunk or stoned.  Or both.

I am constantly reminded that I don’t live in the real world.