[ExI] ancient cultural reference: piiiiigs in spaaaaace... RE: Criticisms of Many Worlds Interpretation (MWI)

Keith Henson hkeithhenson at gmail.com
Sat Sep 16 05:47:07 UTC 2023

On Fri, Sep 15, 2023 at 8:40 PM spike jones via extropy-chat

There are a zillion refs to this, but the actual paper is not easy to find

https://www.aleph.se/Trans/Global/Posthumanity/pigs.txt

> Keith
>

> Keith the younger among us (which is nearly everyone here except BillW, you
> and me) won't understand the ancient reference:
>
> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YU0rj6drXdI
>
> Hey we college kids thought this was hilarious back in the olden days.  The
> Muppet Show was on Friday nights.  It was great fun: Muppets Friday evening,
> then Saturday Night Live the next night, then back to studies again.
>
> spike

I never studied that much.  Didn't have a TV across many of those years.

The kids went to the neighbors to watch
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mary_Hartman%2C_Mary_Hartman

Keith