[ExI] Criticisms of Many Worlds Interpretation (MWI)

Keith Henson hkeithhenson at gmail.com
Wed Sep 20 23:25:46 UTC 2023

I have doubts that many worlds can be experienced in base reality
(assuming we live in base reality).

But in the uploaded state, it is no problem.

Assuming you have enough memory and processing power, there is no
difficulty in making tweaks in the simulated reality.  You can also
checkpoint the simulation from time to time and reenter the simulation
at one of those points.  Time travel also seems to be ruled out of
base reality but this is a way we could do something subjectively
equivalent.

Hmm.  Perhaps data centers hundreds of times the area of the Earth are minimal.

Best wishes,

Keith

On Wed, Sep 20, 2023 at 11:39 AM Jason Resch via extropy-chat